Jennifer-Ellen has been in the health and wellness field for over 15 years, as a student, practitioner, instructor and researcher.
She holds a Master’s degree in Public Health Science, Bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion and Education, and a Minor in Nutrition. Jennifer Ellen is a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), Certified Intuitive Eating Professional Counselor, a Certified Health Coach, and has multiple certifications in yoga, meditation and ayurveda. In addition, Jennifer Ellen is a published researcher in the area of nutrition and vascular function.
Jennifer Ellen has vast teaching and coaching experience, with nearly 20 years in the yoga classroom, group and one-on-one health coaching, and guest lecturing at the university level. She additionally has clinical fitness experience working with special populations including clients managing Parkinson’s disease, stroke, cardiovascular disease, multiple sclerosis and diabetes.
She loves working with clients as a team to help individuals identify, pursue and achieve their goals in order to live healthier, happier, more vibrant, more connected lives.
- Jennifer-Ellen began her yoga and meditation practice in 2000 in New York City. She completed her first certification- a 200 hour Yoga Alliance teacher training in 2003, at Sonic Yoga in New York City with Jonathan Fields and Lauren Hannah.
- In 2004 she met her root teacher, Shiva Rea, and was introduced to the ancient science of ayurveda as a tool for living in balance.
- In 2007, she began to study Ayurveda more deeply with Arun Deva, a relationship that continues to this day.
- In 2008, she completed an additional 500 hour Prana Flow certification with Shiva Rea, and began to assist Shiva in workshops and teacher training programs around the globe.
- In 2013, Jennifer Ellen completed Curvy Yoga teacher Training with Anna Guest-Jelley.
- In 2014-2015, she studied Ayur-yoga and Ayurveda with Maria Garre.
- Jennifer Ellen has also studied yoga with Rod Stryker, Simon Park, John Friend and many others.
- In addition, she has studied meditation with Dr. Lorin Roche and Camille Maureen since 2009.
- Jennifer Ellen also created and led yoga teacher training programs at her two studios, Flow Yoga and Prana Yoga in Salt Lake City and currently shepherds the Bhakti Bunch Yoga Club.
- In addition to her studies in yoga, Jennifer Ellen brought the ancient Indian martial art of Kalarippayat to Utah in 2008, and has been studying Kalarippayat in the lineage of C.M. Sherif Gurukaal, KKA, since then.Under the direction of Gerhard Schmid, the Senior Western teacher in the KKA lineage, Jennifer Ellen has also traveled across the United States, Europe and the Middle East to bring the teachings of Kalari to a wider audience, and is honored to have received permission to transmit the teachings of Kalari to a modern audience.